First things first… my almost 4 year old’s hands look huge. Thankful for those big hands, but man… SLOW DOWN TIME!
Anyways, my family really likes trail mix. And if you’ve recently tried buying some (especially a decent, organic kind), you know that stuff is expensive.
This recipe is so simple, I almost hesitated to post it. But maybe you’re like me and always discovering a simple, easy recipe that you can’t believe you didn’t already think of.
I purchased all the ingredients for about $7 at my local co-op, which I thought was pretty good for nearly 5 cups of trail mix.
Here’s what I used:
- 1 cup organic raisins
- 1 cup organic raw almonds
- 1 cup organic M&M knock-offs
- 1/2 – 1 cup organic raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 – 1 cup organic shredded coconut
- Other things we like to add in: dried cranberries, cashews, chia seeds, granola, pretzels etc.
Mix everything together in a big bowl, and then store in mason jar or airtight container.
It gets gobbled almost as quickly as I make it. 🙂