Before we get started you should know that I’m a soft, chewy cookie kind of gal.
So if you found this post, and are on the hunt for a crunchy cookie… I’m sorry to say you’ve come to the wrong place.
And regarding the title of the post, these are just naughty cookies. Nothing redeeming about them. I did use all organic ingredients, which makes me feel much better about eating them. But I’m not gonna lie, these are pack on the pounds kind of cookies.
Sometimes you just need a treat.
What you need: (Yields 3 dozen)
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 3/4 cup sugar (or 1 cup if you like your cookies extra sweet)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups white unbleached flour
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, sugar and brown sugar.
- Once combined, mix in eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Once your dry ingredients are mixed, slowly incorporate into the wet mixture.
- Add chocolate chips and mix well.
- Drop spoonfuls onto a greased (or parchment paper lined) baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.