I didn’t plan on sharing this smoothie with you all. Mostly because as it was loading into the Vita-Mix I was pretty unconvinced that the kiddos would be clamoring for it.
But I’d like to say this about the concoction … it’s a nutritious and highly digestible protein-packed power-house.
They seriously were nearly fighting over my cup.
I think this Victory Smile just says it all …
So … here you go (this makes 2 servings … that we had to share with four):
- 1 cup kombucha
- 1 cup kefir
- 1/2 cup whey (a wonderfully useful by-product of making yogurt at home)
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1 banana
- 2 cups of raw spinach
- 1 raspberry flavored Emergen-C
Put everything in the Vita-Mix and blend on high until it’s well-blended and a frothy delicious green juice.
Good luck keeping the kids away from it!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVE!
I want you all to know that Abby’s not the only one to concoct smoothies for the littles!
We pretty much find some time during each day to enjoy a version of this one. (Today it was breakfast. Yesterday, it was around 4 pm because we knew we were going to a friends’ house for dinner and were forewarned that dinner, although tasty, was going to be less than nutritious.)
Makes 4 servings
- ½ cup whole milk yogurt (sometimes it’s plain. Sometimes it’s maple. Every once in a while, it’s vanilla)
- 1 banana
- ½ to ¾ cup berries (or melon or pineapple – and they can fresh or frozen, but always organic)
- 2 cups greens (spinach or kale … it’s kale in the summer because it’s a garden staple)
- 1 cup Kombucha
- 1 cup filtered water
- 2 packets of Emergen-C (any flavor. I like tangerine. The Cowboy goes for super orange)
- 4 Tbls ground flax seed or chia seeds (optional)
Everything gets put into the Vita-Mix and blended until smooth.
It’s packed with protein and good fats, anti-oxidents, vitamins and minerals and omega-3 fatty acids (when we add the flax or chia).
And everyone in the house gets a glass …
… some glasses are just a little bigger than others. 🙂
And now I have to go make a pie … and some non-GMO corn pudding. What’s on YOUR docket today?
PS – Don’t forget to sign up for our WHOLE FOODS MARKET GIFT CARD GIVE-AWAY … registration closes at 10 pm PST. Good Luck!
We’re linked up on This Chick Cooks!