Here’s the thing. I’m going to give you a very loose recipe, because there is no wrong way.
Some people like heavy beets/light kale. Some the other way around. Some like their beets in big chunks. Others prefer smaller pieces. Same goes for the kale. And then there’s the feta cheese. I love the tang and add tons… others not so much.
See what I mean?
Here’s what I used:
- 2 large beets roasted (350 for 3-4 hours) and chopped
- 1 bunch kale (chopped)
- feta cheese (cheaper to buy in a block and crumble yourself)
- dressing (equal parts olive oil and balsamic vinegar, put in jar and shake well)
What to do:
- Once everything is chopped, throw in a big bowl.
- Starting with 1/3 cup, add your dressing.
- Mix well, making sure everything is coated. Add more dressing if needed.
- Refrigerated for at least an hour to let the dressing soften your kale.
This summer we will be growing our own kale and beets. Can’t wait!