Here’s a simple recipe that I have been pleasantly surprised with.
While at first I missed the crunch of my beloved tortilla chips, the fact that I can enjoy nachos without being weighed down makes it worth it. Not to mention… these babies are tasty!
- red peppers (one for each person)
- cheese (I used a combo of sharp cheddar and mozzarella)
- boneless chicken breast
- ground beef
- taco seasoning
- black beans
- red onion, finely diced
- cilantro, finely chopped
What to do:
- For the chicken, dice in small pieces and cook with a little olive oil in a pan. Add taco seasoning.
- For the ground beef, brown in a pan and add taco seasoning.
- Slice red peppers in 6 or 8 pieces. The bigger the slices, the easier to assemble.
- Shred cheese (a food processor makes this super easy)
- To assemble: Lay peppers on baking sheet and top with chicken, beef, black beans, onions and cheese.
- Cook on 350 until cheese is nice and melted – about 10 minutes.
- Top with fresh cilantro before serving.
The Nourishing Gourmet