Abby here… A big thanks to Jeanne for the kind words on her post this morning. Having a friend you love that has kids the same age as yours is the best case scenario! And in case you forgot how awesome I think she is, check out this old post!
We’re big smoothie fans. We don’t do them every single day, but we have been on a kick this week.
I love having them first thing in the morning, as it just starts the day on a good note. Not to mention… it’s an easy way to cram a bunch of greens into my kids.
We usually sit by the big kitchen window while drinking them and get some vitamin D. And what’s a smoothie without a smoothie face!
What I used:
- 1/3 cup chia seeds soaked in 1-2 cups unsweetened coconut milk (for at least 15 minutes)
- 2 giant handfuls of leafy greens (I used spinach and kale)
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 2 ripe bananas
- purified water to get to desired consistency
- Vitamix or high speed blender
Blend well and serve immediately.