My love for Mexican food runs deep. As much as I wish I could always wrap it up in a warm flour tortilla, I know that I can’t. Thankfully, mexican flavors are bold and bright, and you can do a lot of healthy things with it.
Baked Mexican Chicken and Avocado Salad
What I used:
(This recipe requires no exact measurements)
- 3 large boneless chicken breast
- 1 pack organic taco seasoning (if I don’t have one on hand I use equal parts cumin, chili powder, onion powder and garlic powder)
- olive oil
- onion (any color)
For the chicken:
- Preheat over to 350.
- Cut each chicken breast in half width wise, making 2 thin pieces.
- In a bowl, combine about 1/4 olive oil with taco seasoning.
- Place the chicken pieces into the oil and coat them all well.
- Bake chicken for 30 minutes.
- Squeeze fresh lime over the top when done.
- You can chop, shred or dice the chicken… whichever you prefer.
For the avocado salad:
- Chop up avocado, cilantro, onion and tomato. You can use whatever amounts you like. Personally I go cilantro heavy and onion light.
- Comine the ingredients, add a large pinch of salt and a big splash of lime.
When you’re ready, put both on a plate and enjoy!