Although I used to prefer savory over sweet, my sweet tooth has been in rare form lately. (Jeanne’s Almond Joy Ice Cream sealed the deal this weekend…)
But as you know, we try to eat right. And high up on the no-no list of refined white sugar.
So, imagine my delight when I stumble upon a desert that is actually good for you and really (no, really) tastes fantastic!
Here’s what I used:
- 2 cans organic full-fat coconut milk (Native Forest, Natural Value or Thai Kitchen)
- 1 tablespoon raw, local honey
- small glass bowl
- hand mixer
What to do:
- Place cans of coconut milk for 3-4 hours (0r overnight) to chill. Do not shake the cans when opening! Open the cans and scoop the thick coconut fat off the top. This usually makes up about half the can. Set the remaining liquid aside (I throw ours in a smoothie).
- Put the thick coconut milk in a bowl and beat with hand mixer on medium for about 3-4 minutes until it forms stiff peaks.
- Continue beating and slowly drizzle honey into cream.
- Set in fridge for about 30 minutes and then beat once more with hand mixer before serving,
I served it over fresh, organic strawberries and used the leftover cream to make a peaches and cream smoothie (1 cup frozen peaches, 1 cup coconut & honey cream and 1 cup coconut milk).
Who doesn’t love a healthy dessert?
We’re linked up: