Yes, I have no idea how to make pizza crust round.
But this pizza… trust me. IT’S AMAZING!
So the other night we decided to make pizzas. We made one standard cheese pizza with Jeanne’s tomato sauce. Side note: this was the first time to ever make that sauce myself. I knew it tasted good, because I’ve had it Jeannes, but I never knew it was SO easy to make. And my husband said it was the best cheese pizza he’s ever had!
But back to our bbq chicken pizza. It’s a crowd pleaser.
What I used:
- pizza dough (I get mine from a local bakery that uses unbleached organic flour)
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce
- 1-2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup flour
What to do:
- Preheat over to 500
- Lightly cover a hard surface with flour to roll out your dough. Using a rolling pin (also lightly covered in flour) roll your pizza into whatever shape you like. Mine usually is rectangular, because that’s the shape of the pan I cook it on. But seriously, I have no idea how pizza places always make perfect circles!
- Place rolled out dough on a baking sheet. Sometimes I place a little olive oil underneath, sometimes I don’t.
- Spread bbq sauce over the top like you would tomato sauce on a regular pizza. You can use a lot or a little, whichever you prefer.
- Top pizza with mozzarella cheese, shredded chicken and red onion.
- Place in oven for 10 minutes. (More of less depending on your oven.)
- Once pizza is done top with fresh cilantro and serve immediately!
Hope you enjoy this as much as we do!